Re: Bay Bridge's troubled China connection

What where these "A 325" bolts?  Knock offs from China?

On 6/9/2014 9:44 AM, Jim Getaz wrote:
Bill,
How could you fail to list the "A 325" bolts of the 1980s?
Jim Getaz

-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Polhemus, William Sent: Monday, June 09, 2014 1:41 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: RE: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Bay Bridge's troubled China connection

The lack of quality control in nearly every product made in Red China, from structural steel to dog food to baby formula, is LEGENDARY.

Yet we are still lured by the shiny object called "cheap stuff."

"You get what you pay for" is something so obvious you'd think the smartest people on the planet - that is, those who are running and administering our government at all the various levels - would have heard of it by now.

V. I. Lenin is said to have declared that the capitalists would "sell us

Truncated 423 characters in the previous message to save energy.

--
*
Drew Morris, PE*| Project Engineer