-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Abolhassan ASTANEH-ASL Sent: June-09-14 11:43 AM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Bay Bridge's troubled China connection

This message was also sent by astaneh(--nospam--at)berkeley.edu to: cpiller(--nospam--at)sacbee.com

Dear Dr. Gordin:

Thank you  for your kind comments.  I haven't done much, just sending you
the URL on the excellent work being done by Investigative Reporter Charles
Piller of Sacramento Bee.  He is extra ordinary.  I had several occasions
to be interviewed by him and meet with him to  discuss many complex engineering
 aspects of this project and was always amazed how knowledgeable he is on
bridge engineering and how sharp he is in grasping the structural engineering
 issues.  Can  you imagine going through 100,000 pages of documents to
establish the facts for his investigative report?  I have already told him
that he is the Bob Woodward <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Woodward> and
Carl Bernstein <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Bernstein> of our generation
and hope that his work will save lives of people who use the new Bay Bridge.

By the way,  after conducting extensive seismic and fatigue studies of the
Self-anchored Suspension Bay Bridge  ( spending more than 8,500 hours of my
 time and my research associates volunteer time) I do not cross that bridge
 until a truly independent and knowledgeable team investigates safety of
that

Truncated 1369 characters in the previous message to save energy.