Re: Bay Bridge's troubled China connection

Bill,

Are you sure?
It seems like river Kwai does exist, and that the story - why largely fictional

- is still based on real facts.

To me, its value is mostly not in the historic accuracy, but in bringing of
 the past reality to the present.

Too many people don't know and do not want to know history.  Some do want
to know, but don't know how.

And this is when history tends to repeat itself.

Thanks,

______________________________
V. Steve Gordin PhD
Licensed Structural Engineer
SGE Consulting Structural Engineers
2081 Business Center Drive #105
Irvine CA 92612
949-552-5244
sgordin(--nospam--at)sgeconsulting.com

On Jun 11, 2014, at 7:46 AM, Bill Polhemus <bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc> wrote:

> The film is fantastic...and a total fabrication. Never happened like that.
>
> There were two bridges over a couple of rivers. There is no river called
> "Kwai."  And neither bridge was destroyed by saboteurs.
>
> There was no British LEF-tenant Colonel who helped the Japanese. The
> Japanese weren't bad engineers.
>
> And so on.
>
> William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
>
> 5
>
>> On Jun 11, 2014, at 9:14 AM, Andrew Kester <akester74(--nospam--at)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> "Back in the 50's & 60's it was made in Japan but that has changed."
>>
>> Joe:

Truncated 938 characters in the previous message to save energy.