-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of lrhauer(--nospam--at)earthlink.net Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2014 1:55 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Definition of "Service" Loads

To All,

This subject has most likely already been discussed, but what is the definition
 of "Service" loads? Sevral software programs I use imply that it is a
"factored" load. In othrwords for seismic application, the WSD load divided
 by 0.7, (or multiplied by 1.4), making it the "strength" level load. Another
 engineer, (and definitions if googled), say "Service" loads are the WSD
loads befoe being factored.

Any thoughts and maybe a specific reference like a definition in the IBC,
ASCE, ACI, etc? (Which I have not found, yet!).

Thanks in advance,

Larry Hauer, S.E.