Re: Definition of "Service" Loads

Service load definition is given in section 2.2 of ACI 318 amongst other
codes and references. Almost all are unanimous in the definition that these
are loads (unfactored) required by building codes to meet serviceability
provisions - like for example deflection - therefore service loads are dead
and live generally. For water retaining structures, for example, it may
include hydrostatic load and so on.