Extreme Value Analysis - - (was Definition of "Service" Loads)

Bill,,

        This is an excellent suggestion!!

I have thought of this before but never put it in perspective as clearly as you just have done.

        A couple of possible combinations that come to mind include:

1.) Earthquake followed by tsunami such as happened in Japan in 2011.

2.) Fire followed by wind regarding free-standing firewalls.

This would seem to be a suitable topic for your ASCE 7. It would also make a good refference book subject if such refferences don't already exist.

Good thinking, Bill

Daryl