Legal Liability

I've been wracking my brain trying to recall details of a story I heard a
few years back regarding engineers making jobsite visits, and the assumption
 of liability on their part for doing so.

I seem to recall a story about an engineer visiting a construction job, and
 being sued for legal malfeasance resulting from an injury accident occurring
 on a part of the project (or perhaps a separate project simultaneously
occurring) with which he was not actually involved.

Anyone remember that? Or have any other interesting examples of how just
being an engineer in the wrong place/wrong time turned into a tale of woe?

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.

5