Re: Legal Liability

Hi Bill,

I have found this paper to have good info on professional responsibility of
structural engineers although it does not directly address the important
issue that you bring up.

 I have heard another story years ago that if you are a registered P.E. and
you are walking on the street and see that a  parapet in a building  which
has nothing to do with you, is unstable and might fall and cause harm you
need to report it.  Do you or anyone else knows more about this. Is there
any facts to this story of liability of P.E.'s ?

Best wishes as always.

Hassan

--

 Abolhassan ASTANEH-ASL, Ph.D., P.E., Professor
2013 Minner Faculty Fellow in Engineering Ethics and Social/Professional