Cranes - 2 items

1. Thanks to all of you who replied to my e-mail about the vibrating X bracing in the 30 ton crane runway. My customer found that the cause of the problem was vibration in the bridge drives as the crane started up. I have not found the exact cause, as the guy who explained it to me has a BA in history and works as the sales manager. I will try to dig further. Their solution was to decrease the start-up start speed so the motor vibration was less, over or near the columns of the braced bay. Apparently that was good enough for the end customer, as it did reduce the vibration to less annoying levels.

2. One of my customers is quoting a full gantry crane to a California company, which they feel they are going to get. On my own, I am going to do a preliminary design to Canadian requirements, but in the end it has to be designed to Calif requirements and these are new to me. I will be looking into ASCE but I would appreciate any advice or comments, references, etc.
Gary