-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Steve Gordin Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 8:16 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Small Business Plan

Michel,
Taxes should be straight forward - in the beginning - so don’t worry much.
 Especially if you have a good accountant familiar with small business. Work
 load will be your first priority.  DIVERSIFY - try not to rely on one
industry, one client, etc. Don’t count on “commitments” and don’t
reduce your price too much.  It may be against the rules in general - and
may come back biting you in the future.  When you get the volume - then you
can reduce your fees. Your main selling point is the quality and timeliness
of your work. Expenses should be MINIMAL - in the beginning.  I would suggest
not to invest too much until you are firm on your feet, and this will take
at least 2 years. Not sure what you expect to borrow - again, try to keep
initial expenses to a minimum. Inquire about the professional liability
insurance. Good luck.

Steve Gordin SE

On Jul 21, 2014, at 12:58 PM, Michel Blangy <mblangy(--nospam--at)satco-inc.com> wrote:

> I am setting out to establish my own structural engineering design
> consulting office. As I have worked for a handful of small offices in

Truncated 549 characters in the previous message to save energy.