Re: IBC 2009/ASCE 7-05 Allowable Stress Increase

Michel,

You should be using ASCE 7-10 as that is what the current codes are based
on, although the section you are referencing, (12.4.3.3), has not changed
from the 7-05. If you are applying the overstrength factor due to discontinuities,
 etc., an icnease of 1.2 for stresses would be conserative as now, if designing
 wood, the allowable increase is 1.6. This is my take, anyway.

Hope this helps,

Larry Hauer, S.E.