Re: Small Business Plan

Thanks to all who contributed. I see so much potential, but my accountant
can't seem to make the numbers work. I'd really be taking a big time leap
of faith it seems. I'm going to have to live like a college student again,
except this time I won't be enjoying the full benefits. At least I'll be
able to see my kids and do something I enjoy :)

Thanks again to the list for being here .. I'm going to need you!

Michel

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 8:15 PM, Steve Gordin <sgordin(--nospam--at)sgeconsulting.com>
wrote:

> Michel,
> Taxes should be straight forward - in the beginning - so don’t worry
> much. Especially if you have a good accountant familiar with small business.
> Work
> load will be your first priority.  DIVERSIFY - try not to rely on one
> industry, one client, etc. Don’t count on “commitments” and don’t
> reduce your price too much.  It may be against the rules in general - and
> may come back biting you in the future.  When you get the volume - then
> you can reduce your fees. Your main selling point is the quality and
> timeliness of your work. Expenses should be MINIMAL - in the beginning.
> I would suggest
> not to invest too much until you are firm on your feet, and this will take
> at least 2 years. Not sure what you expect to borrow - again, try to keep
> initial expenses to a minimum. Inquire about the professional liability
> insurance. Good luck.
>
> Steve Gordin SE
>
> On Jul 21, 2014, at 12:58 PM, Michel Blangy <mblangy(--nospam--at)satco-inc.com> wrote:

Truncated 711 characters in the previous message to save energy.