-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Davis Parsons Sent: Friday, August 22, 2014 4:44 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Soccer Field on a Roof

Geofoam.  It is used as a fill under concrete slabs in this area all the
time.  I have a stair project right now where geofoam is used to raise a
raise floor area. Original slab difference is 5'-0".   4'-6" of geofoam is
used with a 6" concrete slab to level the new and old floor levels.

*Davis G. Parsons II PE RA *
/Texas Engineer 42397//
Texas Architect  9462/
Fort Worth, Texas
817.366.0976

On 8/22/2014 3:33 PM, T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. wrote:
> Now that I know who is awake and working on Friday....
> :o)
>
> I have a project where the owner wants to put a soccer field on a roof.
> Don't laugh. Yes, the soccer field must be flat (or mostly so, slope
> of 1" in 10 feet to get the water to drain off of the 2 foot square tiles.
> The roof below will slope at a much more significant slope. Architect
> wants minimum which is ¼" per foot. I want ½" per foot. We may

Truncated 522 characters in the previous message to save energy.