Re: Bracing of pendant lighting

Hello,

How does the light stay in the horizontal plane when it's a pendant light?

If the light moves in any direction from its at-rest position then it will
have to break the horizontal plane and begin ascending on an arc.  It would
seem that it can only spin in position and remain in the horizontal plane.

Is there any commentary on this section?  It seems like it needs more
than what is given to really understand what they're trying to convey.

Good luck, and please let us know what you find out.
Lloyd

On 29 Aug 2014 at 12:20, Drew Morris wrote:

> In ASCCE 7-10 13.6.1, there is an exception for the bracing of pendant
> lighting if the connection to the structure shall allow a 360 degree
> range of motion in the horizontal plane. How is the horizontal plane
> defined? I read this to mean that if the light hangs down 10 feet,
> there can't be a wall within 10 feet of the fixture.
>
> --
> *
> Drew Morris, PE*| Project Engineer
> BBFM Engineers, Inc. <http://www.bbfm.com/>
> 510 L Street, Suite 200 | Anchorage, Alaska 99501
> Ph: (907)274-2236 | Direct: (907)270-2240 | Web: www.bbfm.com

neers.com>