Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Form board trench drain in existing floor slab

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Closed pipe plastic sections are available off the shelf from any of the
home store(hardware)- these are not used for any pressure application so
frankly haven't seen any with 1/2" wall thickness. 1/2" definitely would be
thick wall.

Himanshu Goyal

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 8:28 PM, Drew Morris <dmorris(--nospam--at)> wrote:

> Sounds good. Looking for 1/2" or so wall thickness, any generic product
> spring to mind?
> On 9/19/2014 4:49 PM, Himanshu Goyal wrote:
>> Plastic ?
>> On Friday, September 19, 2014, Drew Morris <dmorris(--nospam--at)> wrote:
>> I need to add a trench drain to an existing concrete fill on metal floor
>>> deck system.  The drains will be sandwiched in between two W12 beams.
>>> Resting on the top of the bottom flanges will be a section of steel
>>> floor deck.  Surrounding the drain on the sides and bottom, there will 
>>> be form
>>> boards that will be left in place.  I am looking for a material that can 
>>> remain behind and not degrade.  Any suggestions?
>>> --
>>> *
>>> Drew Morris, PE*| Project Engineer

Truncated 428 characters in the previous message to save energy.

Post your message to the list by sending it to: 

The email messages sent to the list will be saved in an archive on the World Wide Web.
These archives are located at:

To contact the list owner, send your message to:

Sponsored By: Pacific Structural & Forensic Engineers Group, Inc. (PSFEG)

To unsubscribe, switch to/from digest, get on/off vacation, or change your email address, click here.