Re: Hexagonal Foundation Pedestal for Vessels, Stacks, Etc.

I'd looked at that. Looking again gave me another idea.

How about Fig. R10.4? I could consider the bearing area under the grout pad
 (about 3-4" greater than the width of the base ring) as A1 in that Figure,
 and then use 1% of A2 for my minimum vertical reinforcement area. Must make
 sure the reinforcement occurs within the footprint of A2.

This would also work together with the concept outlined in 10.8.3.

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.

5

> On Sep 30, 2014, at 1:29 PM, Joseph Gmail <jrgrill55(--nospam--at)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Bill,
> Kinda think I understand what you are asking. I only have an '05 ACI code
> in front of me, but check the commentary to 10.8.2 through 10.8.4?  Not
> sure that is the help you need..
>
> Respectfully,
>
> Joseph Grill
>
>> On Sep 30, 2014, at 2:10 PM, Bill Polhemus <bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc> wrote:
>>
>> This is something that has bothered me for years now, and I wonder if
>> anyone here, who might have some experience with design of foundations
>> for process equipment, has an opinion.
>>
>> Typically, you have a shallow foundation, or pile cap with deep (pile)
>> foundations, one which a vessel or stack is situated. The bulk of the
>> concrete is, of course, simply for the purpose of placing the equipment.

Truncated 710 characters in the previous message to save energy.