Re: Hexagonal Foundation Pedestal for Vessels, Stacks, Etc.

Might be stretching the code a bit, but how about a circular "wall" maybe
18" thick with two curtains of vertical reinforcing and circular ties
(horizontal reinforcing). Center the wall under your stack wall. The remainder
 is fill

?????

Respectfully,

Joseph Grill

> On Sep 30, 2014, at 4:36 PM, Bill Polhemus <bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc> wrote:
>
> I'd looked at that. Looking again gave me another idea.
>
> How about Fig. R10.4? I could consider the bearing area under the grout
> pad (about 3-4" greater than the width of the base ring) as A1 in that
> Figure, and then use 1% of A2 for my minimum vertical reinforcement area.
> Must make sure the reinforcement occurs within the footprint of A2.
>
> This would also work together with the concept outlined in 10.8.3.
>
> William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
>
> 5
>
>> On Sep 30, 2014, at 1:29 PM, Joseph Gmail <jrgrill55(--nospam--at)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Bill,
>> Kinda think I understand what you are asking. I only have an '05 ACI code
>> in front of me, but check the commentary to 10.8.2 through 10.8.4?  Not

Truncated 658 characters in the previous message to save energy.