Re: Permanent Solution to Frozen Ground

Bill,

I'm not sure what you are suggesting. Is this going to be a system that requires a closed circulation loop?

Rich

On 2014-10-03 04:37, Bill Polhemus wrote:
Brine?

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.

5

On Oct 3, 2014, at 5:25 AM, seaint06(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com wrote:

I have a client with a spiral freezer that has ground heave below the
freezer.  I'm looking for a way to thaw the ground and keep it thawed.
The freezer is on a concrete slab on ground.  The slab steps up about 2
feet at the front of the freezer.  Around the other 3 sides the slab is
level with the freezer floor. I can see the concrete wall of the 2 feet
step rotating outward due to the frozen soil below the freezer.  I can
also tell the freezer has lifted by observing the top of the freezer at
the front. Since I have this 2 feet step I looking for a way to horizontally drill below the freezer and insert some heating elements to thaw the ground.

Truncated 719 characters in the previous message to save energy.