Re: Bridge Engineer Impostor Fined

Interesting .

The article does not mention if Williams is an engineer. We assume not,
based on the tenor of the article.

He pretended to be other engineers (copying their seal), so he is charged
with wire fraud and gets a 5 yr suspended sentence + $29,000 personal fine
+ $50,000 corporate fine + suspension from future federal highway contracts.

Can anybody comment on the possible penalty if he (assumed not an engineer)
had presented himself as an engineer and sealed submittal documents for
similar projects? Is this case affected by the federal status of the
projects?

I assume that a person who is not an engineer cannot be charged under the
state laws for engineers but is it possible that a state licensed engineer
is not identified as an engineer (not relevant to the facts) since the
project and charges are federal?

Regards

Paul Ransom, P.Eng.

Canada