Re: CMU rebar splice

Steve,

Unless the formulas ahve changed from the '05 and '11 masonry codes, that
sounds about right based on Equation 2-12 of the ACI 530-11. There used to
be something in the code that if you had multiple bars in a cell with less
than a certain spacing, lap lenghts needed to be increased by like 50% or
so. Not sure if it is still there.

Larry Hauer, S.E.