Re: CMU rebar splice

Steve,

I've been around long enough and done so many CMU free standing walls, all
with the old lap lenght requirement of 40D, (25" for #5's). Am I continuing
 to do so? No- call it conserative in old age/complyng with new code
requirements/whatever. But, yes, I agree the lap splice of #5 verts in a CMU
 cantilevered wall to the footing dowels should be more than 25".

Larry Hauer, S.E.