-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of lrhauer(--nospam--at)earthlink.net Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2014 12:41 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] CMU rebar splice

Steve,

I've been around long enough and done so many CMU free standing walls, all
with the old lap lenght requirement of 40D, (25" for #5's). Am I continuing
 to do so? No- call it conserative in old age/complyng with new code
requirements/whatever. But, yes, I agree the lap splice of #5 verts in a CMU
 cantilevered wall to the footing dowels should be more than 25".

Larry Hauer, S.E.