-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Steve Gordin Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2014 4:11 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] CMU rebar splice

Bill,

I spent some years in the lab testing stuff, and it does not feel right to
me when the splice length drops 2x. We all have seen a lot of 6' tall CMU
walls on the ground after the earthquake.

And don't worry about being snappy - we still like you :).

Steve

V. Steve Gordin PhD
Licensed Structural Engineer
SGE Consulting Structural Engineers
2081 Business Center Drive #105
Irvine CA 92612
949-552-5244
sgordin(--nospam--at)sgeconsulting.com

On Oct 30, 2014, at 2:21 PM, "T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E." <Bill(--nospam--at)AllenDesigns.com>

Truncated 833 characters in the previous message to save energy.