Re: ACI 318-14 Released

The AISC and CISC are both on a 5 year cycle. They do talk to each other.

CISC cannot publish the CISC Steel Handbook until the Canadian Standards Association publishes CSA S16 "Limit States Design of Steel Stuctures" in the year before the hand book is published. Same way with concrete and wood and masonry. Just thought I would add a little bit to your conversations.
Gary

On 11/14/2014 11:25 AM, Polhemus, William wrote:
If you think about it, though, there was ACI 318-08, -11 and now -14.
Three-year cycle, just like the IBC.

I guess what you're complaining about is its being issued one year before
the following IBC and thus missing the cut. I'm not sure if IBC 2012 might not have purposely ignored ACI 318-11, for some reason.

AISC is on, what, a five-year? (I think it was 2005 then 2010).

-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. Sent: Friday, November 14, 2014 10:18 AM To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: RE: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] ACI 318-14 Released

Maybe so, but the latest and greatest got into IBC 2012 (steel, masonry,
wood) except for concrete. Call it what you want. Think of ACI as the Paul McCartney on the Abby Road cover.

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA 2607)

Truncated 606 characters in the previous message to save energy.