ASCE 7-10 Wind Loads Reference

Is anyone familiar with WIND LOADS: GUIDE TO THE WIND LOAD PROVISIONS OF
ASCE 7-10 by Kishor C. Mehta, Ph.D., P.E., and William L. Coulbourne, P.E.,
 ASCE Press, and would you recommend it to someone concerned primarily with
 single family residential / type V structures, like me :) Perhaps there is
 something more geared to my simple needs?

Thanks in advance,

Michel Blangy
Hermosa Beach