From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Lloyd Pack, P.E.
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2014 12:25 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Spreadsheet

Hello Gary:

I've not tried the newer version of Excel or LibreOffice Calc, but I've
tried  OpenOffice which is also free.

I prefer QuattroPro for spreadsheets, but have used Excel for those projects
 where the client requires it.  I have found OpenOffice Calc to be very
similar to Excel.  You might want to try that and see what you think.

I believe that OpenOffice was created for the Linux platform and was ported
to the Windows platform about 7 years ago.  That has given the developers
to work out any bugs.

Good Luck,
Lloyd

On 10 Dec 2014 at 7:40, Gary L. Hodgson and Assoc. wrote:

> I have been using Excel 2003 for the past 11 years, and decided I
> would look into up-grading to the most recent version.  To get a

Truncated 461 characters in the previous message to save energy.