RE: Spreadsheet

Hello,

To answer you question Joe, I like QuattroPro better than Excel, and
WordPerfect better than Word, too, because the files have fewer items
pre-embedded into them, and the locations of commands are more
intuitive for me.  When I am trying to perform a task that I rarely perform
and am looking for the commands to perform that task, QuattroPro has
the commands in the location that makes sense to me.  When I do the
same thing in Excel, I have to look up the command in the Help files.
This difference makes me more efficient with QuattroPro.

I don't use macros much, if I'm going to need that level of programming
power, then I write a C++ program.  I use the spreadsheet much like I would
perform hand calculations.  I include the information in the sheet that will
 be used in the calculations and then step through those calculations, showing
 the intermediate steps along the way. I color code the cells to help me
remember which ones I need to provide input for and which ones will provide
 the results of the calculations.

The only task that I've not been able to perform well in QuattroPro,that
I can do better in Excel, is plot a sieve analysis soil distribution curve.
QuattroPro doesn't seem to perform a semilogarithmic plot with the
x-axis in descending or reverse order.

Hope that helps,
Lloyd

On 10 Dec 2014 at 13:48, Joe Venuti wrote:

> Lloyd
>
> Why do you prefer Quattro Pro ?  I am exploring converting my lotus
> 123 files to Excel or Open office.
>
> Excel changes the macros it seems with each new version.
>
> Joe

Truncated 437 characters in the previous message to save energy.

---
 is active. http://www.avast.com