Re: Spreadsheet

I have used spreadsheets from VisiCalc, Quattro Pro,  Lotus 123 and I think
Excel is best because of its VBA programming capability among other
features.
If you want to convert Lotus 123 macros to Excel you have rewrite it in
Excel VBA. I could try to help you with that you if send me the Lotus 123
file with the macro.
You can get the lastest version of Microsoft office for a $10/monthly
subscription where you can install it to up 5 devices(PC's , tablets,
Ipads, Iphones) and up to 5 users.

Merry Christmas,

Alex Nacionales

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 2:05 PM, nma <nma(--nospam--at)nma-se.com> wrote:

> I would like to know if you can change the macros in 123 to VB routines
> in Excel.  Years ago I made the switch to Excel and used v2003 today.
> (Version 2010 slowed down my production).  I also use Open Office on my
> laptop - but it doesn't support macros either.  I also use some add-ins
> from Add-Ins.com.  Particurlarly like the sheet (i.e.page) turner as my
> calcs are organized like a tradition set of manual calculations.
>
> Neil
>
> On 12/10/2014 1:48 PM, Joe Venuti wrote:
>
>> Lloyd
>>
>> Why do you prefer Quattro Pro ?  I am exploring converting my lotus 123
>> files to Excel or Open office.
>>
>> Excel changes the macros it seems with each new version.
>>
>> Joe

Truncated 477 characters in the previous message to save energy.