Re: Ground Snow Load for South Bend, IN

You are correct. I was referencing the same table and rounded, for
entertainment purposes. 😃

The other hit from a Google search returned 25psf from groundsnowbyzip.com
(I think...). That was based on the ASCE 7-05 design code.

Good luck. Hopefully, the building department can update the FAQ's with
this info.

On Monday, December 22, 2014, Scott Maxwell <smaxwell(--nospam--at)umich.edu> wrote:

> I have a call into the Building Department.  In theory, I might hear back
> from them this afternoon.  They don't show it on their web page...at least
> not anywhere that I could find.
>
> The ASCE 7-10 map shows it in a Case Study area.  There is the table back
> in the commentary that lists 41 psf under the 2% annual probability.  Where
> did you see 40 psf?
>
> We are also doing a building in Mishawaka (which is literally just to the
> east of South Bend) and I have confirmed with the building official there
> that they use 30 psf.
>
> Regards,
>
> Scott
>
> On Dec 20, 2014, at 3:22 PM, David Topete <d.topete73(--nospam--at)gmail.com
> <javascript:;>> wrote:
>
>> Did you get your answer? You would think this info would be prominently

Truncated 1288 characters in the previous message to save energy.

--
David Topete, SE