Re: Ground Snow Load for South Bend, IN

Yeah, I found the 25 psf from that same website.  Not sure how trustworthy
it is.

When I called the building department, the front line person answering the
phone had no idea what I was asking about and had to pass me to the voicemail
 of one of the building inspectors.  So, I am not even sure they realize
that it should potentially should be a FAQ.  <grin>

Regards,

Scott

On Dec 22, 2014, at 11:18 AM, David Topete <d.topete73(--nospam--at)gmail.com> wrote:

> You are correct. I was referencing the same table and rounded, for
> entertainment purposes. 😃
>
> The other hit from a Google search returned 25psf from groundsnowbyzip.com
> (I think...). That was based on the ASCE 7-05 design code.
>
> Good luck. Hopefully, the building department can update the FAQ's with
> this info.
>
> On Monday, December 22, 2014, Scott Maxwell <smaxwell(--nospam--at)umich.edu> wrote:
>
>> I have a call into the Building Department.  In theory, I might hear back
>> from them this afternoon.  They don't show it on their web page...at least
>> not anywhere that I could find.
>>
>> The ASCE 7-10 map shows it in a Case Study area.  There is the table back
>> in the commentary that lists 41 psf under the 2% annual probability.
>> Where did you see 40 psf?
>>
>> We are also doing a building in Mishawaka (which is literally just to the

Truncated 407 characters in the previous message to save energy.