Re: Shipping containers used as a structure

I did a project using shopping containers a few years back but it was only a pair with a roof between them. I used the allowable racking loads on the container labels for designing for lateral loads. It was to be placed on an asphalt surface so we were going to use helical screws to tie the containers down.

I came across a multi-story shed in Whittier Alaska a few years ago. It's on the waterfront in an area with high snow loads. Couldn't tell if the structure is ties down.