-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Drew Morris Sent: Monday, January 05, 2015 12:36 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Shipping containers used as a structure

I did a project using shopping containers a few years back but it was only
a pair with a roof between them.  I used the allowable racking loads on the
 container labels for designing for lateral loads.  It was to be placed on
an asphalt surface so we were going to use helical screws to tie the containers
 down.

I came across a multi-story shed in Whittier Alaska a few years ago. It's
on the waterfront in an area with high snow loads. Couldn't tell if the
structure is ties down.