RE: CONCRETE: Combining Multiple Construction Tolerances

From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Tarek Mokhtar Sent: Sunday, February 01, 2015 11:33 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] CONCRETE: Combining Multiple Construction
Tolerances

I only have experience with poured in place caissons , and four inch tolerance
 is the norm, which means you will have to spec a wall that is fourteen
inches thick, HTH

Tarek

-----------------------------------

I'm really trying to get a feel for what's reasonable. I swear, if you search
 online for "sheet pile tolerance" you find precious little. Even specs for
 sheet pile published by, e.g., state DOTs and FHWA, say very little about
tolerance.

It's a conspiracy, I tell ya!

Anyway. I'm comfortable with +/- 3 inches for the horizontal placement of
the sheet pile as suggested by the British Standard. I'm also comfortable
with +/= 1% slope. I'm even comfortable with the notion suggested by the
British Standard (BS - you reckon they heard that joke a time or two?) that
 the tolerances can be ADDITIVE - which is kinda unusual judging from other

Truncated 1025 characters in the previous message to save energy.