Factors

I am reviewing a (US-supplied) roof top unit curb.

The supplier has given two factors I am not familiar with.

Ip (importance) = 1.5 and Ss (source) = 2.6

Importance I understand but in Canada, "1.5" represents "post-disaster"

The source factor I do not know . with regard to review of non-structural
elements what is Ss and what do these two factors tell me?

Hoping to align with Canadian factors . apples with oranges J

Thanks

Thor A. Tandy P.Eng, C.Eng, Struct.Eng, MIStructE, FEC
Victoria, BC

Canada
Email:  <mailto:vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net> vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net

hst_ngc4414_9925Please consider the environment before printing out this
e-mail