Re: State of Idaho PE Renewal

Keep in mind that we in Texas still pay the "temporary" $230 per year into
the general fund on top of our normal license renewal dues, 25 years after
it was enacted.

Plundering sources of revenue are what governments do best. They certainly
don't do very much to actually create them.

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.

6 6

> On Feb 22, 2015, at 6:09 AM, Matthew Stuart <MStuart(--nospam--at)Pennoni.com> wrote:
>
> In my opinion COA's are just another revenue source, plain and simple.
> They have nothing to do with the "practice" of engineering and it is a
> shame that they have become linked with renewing your PE in most states.
>
> I just renewed by SD PE after it had been expired for several years and
> not only did my company have to get a COA through the Board, it also had
> to get a business license through a separate governmental agency.
>
> D. Matthew Stuart, P.E., S.E., F.ASCE, F.SEI, SECB, MgtEng
> Structural Division Manager
> Pennoni Associates Inc.
> Office 215-222-3000 x7895
> Mobile 908-309-8657
> http://www.pennoni.com | mstuart(--nospam--at)pennoni.com

Truncated 1582 characters in the previous message to save energy.