Re: State of Idaho PE Renewal

Hello Joe,

I think that there may be a little misunderstanding here.

The notice that I got for my Idaho renewal informed me that I was
supposed to check with my company to ensure that they have a
COA.  If they don't have one, then I'm supposed to either work to
get them one or report their illegal activity to the Board of PE and
PLS if they are practicing engineering in the state without the COA.
The Board would renew my license without any proof of my
employment or employer's compliance with the law to have a COA.

The Board did remind me that I've got an obligation to the safety
of the public to ensure that the laws are followed.

If you got a different type of notification for COA compliance with
your renewal documents,  then I'd like to know what you got.

Govt. is very very rarely our friend.

Take Care,
Lloyd

On 21 Feb 2015 at 14:54, Joseph Gmail wrote:

> The last several years I've been sidetracked from consulting by
> problems resulting from the crashed economy back in 2009.  I took a
> job with the DoD
> Navy in Virginia and now in San Diego.  I've done a few small
> projects in
> the evenings and weekends to try to keep up whatever skills I had.
> It's been great to still have "the list" to follow with familiar names
> even though
> the list traffic isn't what it used to be.  With that being said I've
> been trying to keep up with licensing so I will have a little work to
> keep me
> busy if I ever get to retire.  Last week I started to renew some
> licenses that have come due.  One in particular was Idaho.  I've had
> they license for
> many years.  In filling out the forms there is a new requirement for
> "Certificate of Authorization".  I called an sure 'nuf if you are
> anything but a "sole proprietor" it is required.  It is another form,
> another requirement, and another $175.00 even if I'm not perusing work
> in the state.

Truncated 864 characters in the previous message to save energy.

neers.com>

---
 is active. http://www.avast.com