Re: State of Idaho PE Renewal

Yes, there was a bit of an understanding.  My initial telephone call to the
state was not answered, so I left a message.  The next day I called again
and was connected to the person that mentioned in my post to you all the
other day.  I did receive a reply to my first voice mail message this
morning (bad telephone reception where I work, so it was a voice mail reply
to my original voice mail message).  I will try to get a reply in writing,
but basically if I am not actively pursuing work in Idaho I don't need the
"Certificate of Authorization".  That would only be needed if I begin to
solicit work (this from someone that has been with the department a long
time).  Which is what I would think is the common sense approach and what I
was expecting when I connected with the man the other day, therefore, my
anger after I hung up.  I was actually pretty calm when I talked to him.
So, there was a misunderstanding, however it was within their department.

Joe Grill

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 9:09 AM, Lloyd Pack, P.E. <
lloyd(--nospam--at)advantage-engineers.com> wrote:

> Hello Joe,
>
> I think that there may be a little misunderstanding here.
>
> The notice that I got for my Idaho renewal informed me that I was
> supposed to check with my company to ensure that they have a
> COA.  If they don't have one, then I'm supposed to either work to
> get them one or report their illegal activity to the Board of PE and
> PLS if they are practicing engineering in the state without the COA.
> The Board would renew my license without any proof of my
> employment or employer's compliance with the law to have a COA.
>
> The Board did remind me that I've got an obligation to the safety
> of the public to ensure that the laws are followed.
>
> If you got a different type of notification for COA compliance with
> your renewal documents,  then I'd like to know what you got.
>
> Govt. is very very rarely our friend.

Truncated 1315 characters in the previous message to save energy.