Re: what is going on?

Neil,

Dr. Astaneh-Asi's vocal position on the Bay Bridge is of great value in terms
 of engineering and public safety. However, his years-long fight does not
appear to bring any results… I wonder what (if anything) can be done at
this point.

______________________________
V. Steve Gordin PhD
Licensed Structural Engineer
SGE Consulting Structural Engineers
2081 Business Center Drive #105
Irvine CA 92612
949-552-5244
connect(--nospam--at)sgeconsulting.com
sgordin(--nospam--at)sgeconsulting.com

On Feb 26, 2015, at 8:55 AM, nma <nma(--nospam--at)nma-se.com> wrote:

> Steve:
>
> This is a very politicized project and it appears that there may have been
> engineering decisions made by non-engineers is some cases.  One of our
> list members has been on top of this for years and has complained and
> written incisive comments - both to the listserver and to the public.  He
> is Dr. Abolhassan Astaneh-Asl, an engineering professor at UC Berkeley.
> His thoughts are excellent.  If you research his background you will find
> that he has performed a great amount of research of structural problems
> long before the Bay Bridge was designed. Neil Neil Moore and Associates
> consulting structural engineers shingle springs, california nma(--nospam--at)nma-se.com
> 530 677-4308
> As of February 1st, celebrating 43 years.
> _/*www.nma-se.com*/_
>
> On 2/25/2015 10:34 AM, Steve Gordin wrote:
>> Neil,
>> Agreed, we've been following this for years, and there is no resolution
>> in sight. Nobody is held responsible, and those who are supposed to care
>> about the obscene cost overruns and enormous engineering/safety problems

Truncated 611 characters in the previous message to save energy.