Re: Conversion to Metrics

Have you noticed that beer comes in 6, 12 or 24 packs? Obviously the beer companies know something about base 12 system.
Gary

On 3/19/2015 2:01 PM, Lloyd Pack, P.E. wrote:
Hello,

Gary's request for a mason pilaster check, due to conversion to
metrics, got me wondering what this body thinks are the pros and
cons to metrication?

Pros:

1. Conversion between single dimension units like length are an
easy decimal shift.

2.  Everybody else is doing it.

Cons:

1. Units are not explicit as to their constituent units, e.g. pressure
units of Pascals don't tell us what makes up a Pascal, like psi
tells us that we have pounds per square inch.

2. The cost to switch is not worth any perceived benefit.

Truncated 823 characters in the previous message to save energy.