Re: Conversion to Metrics

What is hard about metric is keeping track of all those long numbers where your unit of measurement is based on millimetres and then metres for other items. It really screwed me up once - took an hour to find the mistake of 1 extra zero. Another engineer employed me to check his work when he failed to pass an exam that Ontario imposed on all engineers, architects and draftsmen for code knowledge. He did his calcs in metric and there were several mistakes; he was older than me. Anyway the engineers and archies sued the Ont. government and won and the requirement for these tests was tossed.
Gary