Re: "Big Column and small beam" Rule

My understanding is this is not related to rigidity of the diaphragm. It is
a requirement for seismic design of moment frames.
Best

On Thursday, March 26, 2015, Alex C. Nacionales <acnacionales(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yes I meant "strong column and weak beam". I am a little rusty on
> structural
> systems, when analyzing Seismic loads, does this rule apply when you have
> a rigid diaphragm?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Alex Nacionales
> Vancouver, BC

Truncated 1545 characters in the previous message to save energy.

--

 Abolhassan ASTANEH-ASL, Ph.D., P.E., Professor
2013 Minner Faculty Fellow in Engineering Ethics and Social/Professional