-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Chuck Utzman Sent: April-05-15 10:41 AM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Ring Shank Nails

Hi Thor-
I'd say it is very bad idea. It isn't hard to keep 1/2" ply from buckling
using smooth shank nails. Consequently, the ring shank would provide zero
benefit. OTOH the reduced shank would significantly reduce the nails' bending
 strength and increase the walls' deflection. I also think the ring shank
is hardened by its production method & has less fatigue strength--maybe
drastically less. Don't go there! Chuck Utzman, P.E.