RE: Professional Skills required for structural engineer

From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Mansoor Khan Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2015 2:20 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: RE: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Professional Skills required for structural
engineer

Fully agreed with what you have written, Bill.

I took a similar route some 25 years ago...attended a graduate college for
an advanced degree, but what landed me a job in the USA was not the advanced
 knowledge or the latest technology; rather it was my three year experience
 as a Design Engineer in Pakistan.

Regards,

Mansoor Khan

To be fair, I would hasten to add that I found having a Master's Degree
helped immensely in one respect, at least for my first few years after
finishing graduate school: It got me a couple thousand bucks per year salary
 over what I'd have had at the same level of experience (I had worked for
four years as an engineer previous to obtaining my advanced degree) with
"only" a B.S.

Truncated 1326 characters in the previous message to save energy.