Re: Cutting off Bolts

Darn,that's what I meant.
Gary

On 4/24/2015 9:48 AM, Andrew Kester wrote:
Since roof beams are rarely loaded with live load, as Gary pointed out with crane beams, I would not worry too much about cyclical loading. The concern I would have (as others have noted) is if you have modeled that connection as pinned, you have to be careful you don't make it a moment connection by over-welding it. The length of the top plate and the thickness would factor into that also, in terms of top plate restraint and transferring bending forces into your column. Perhaps you can check it as a moment connection and then turn it into one if it checks out.

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 7:58 AM, Gary L. Hodgson and Assoc. <