Re: Programming

Hi Gary

There a couple of options that you have:

1) There is compiler call Purebasic (low cost) that maintain a backward
compatibility with qbasic in term of structure, it will be easy to
translate and you can produce a binary file so that your client will not
pick into the code. This code can be run in windows and apples computers.

2) Python is easy to learn and it is interactive as qbasic. Converting
qbasic is not that easy, but the python is easy to learn and has a large
community user base.

3) You can convert you code into visual basic for applications in excel.
However, Microsoft is considering to eliminate visual basic in a couple of
years after people get use to Microsoft  .Net languages.

if you have being writing basic code, probably option 1 is the best option.

Normally, other engineers hire a programer to create the code in some
language and sell it to the clients with licensee agreement.

Best regards

Obady