Re: Modulus of Elasticity for concrete

Hello Thor,

I my copy of "Reinforced Concrete Design, 5th ed." by Wang & Salmon
On page 15, they reference the modulus of elasticity as:

Ec = 0.043 x wc^1.5 x sqrt(fc')      (ACI 318-89M)

with wc in kg/m^3 and Ec and fc' in MPa

Then they reference Ec for normal weight concrete as:

Ec = 5000 x sqrt(fc')           (ACI 318-89M)

with Ec and fc' in MPA

Then they reference Ec for normal weight concrete as:

Ec = 15,000 x sqrt(fc')      (approximate)

with Ec and fc' in kgf/cm^2

I hope that helps,
Lloyd

On 2 Jun 2015 at 19:58, Thor Tandy wrote:

> Found these in a recent paper on redundancies
>
> Ec = 14000 sqrt(f´c) kg/cm2 and
>
> Ec = 4400sqrt( f´c) MPa  (Canada “4500�)
>
> Anyone know if these are correct?
>
> Thor

neers.com>

---