How did Bay Bridge become bad news bridge? - Debra J. Saunders

Today there was a Q/A chat on San Francisco Chronicle site with heading of
" How did Bay Bridge become bad news bridge?"  about problems of the new
Bay Bridge . The panel answering the question were three non-engineer
reporters.  After reading questions and answers I felt I need to correct at
least some of them where the questions being very valid, the answers were
quite incorrect and not based on the facts of this case. My comments are at
the bottom of the page in the Comment  section.

 Here is the site where the Q/A text and my comments are:

Here is another page of Chronicle which also had comments by readers that I
felt needs corrections.  Especially one comment belittling all bridge
engineers as incompetent and not being able to do what bridge engineers did
for the Golden Gated Bridge was quite disturbing and I had to answer that.

The Comment time at these two sites still is open I guess probably until
end of tomorrow and if you feel disturbed after reading any comment, you
can register at the site ( very easy just give an e-mail , a blog name and
password and make comments anonymously.  I decided to make my comments
under "prof_astaneh" .

Best wishes as always.
"Hassan"
-

 Abolhassan ASTANEH-ASL, Ph.D., P.E., Professor
2013 Minner Faculty Fellow in Engineering Ethics and Social/Professional
 Responsibility and
2013-14 U.S. Fulbright Senior Research Scholar
781 Davis Hall,  MC 1710
University of California,
Berkeley,  CA 94720-1710, USA
Web: www.ce.berkeley.edu/~astaneh