Re: San Andreas

Hi Cairo,

Yes I watched a movie in 3-D theater and loved it.  It is Holywood movie
though for entertainment and  not a documentary on earthquakes!   There was
a professor there that was portrayed as a hero since with his warnings he
saved a lot of lives in the Bay Area!  You can imagine being a professor, I
have to be honest, I liked that part the most, professors still have some
reputation for honesty and knowledge!

It was not as generous to structural engineers though.  Without
spoiling the plot,  I will let you see it for yourself. This is about a
structure that at the beginning is claimed to withstand any earthquake and
at the end does it?   Well no spoiler here!

Best wishes and enjoy the movie!

Hassan

--

 Abolhassan ASTANEH-ASL, Ph.D., P.E., Professor
2013 Minner Faculty Fellow in Engineering Ethics and Social/Professional