From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of nma Sent: June-07-15 2:17 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Modulus of Elasticity for concrete

In fact that is the same formula from Section 1102 of ACI 318-63.

So why is this an issue?

Neil Moore, PE, SE

neil moore and associates
consulting structural engineers
shingle springs, california
530 677-4308
nma(--nospam--at)nma-se.com

On 6/7/2015 1:16 PM, Rizwan Mirza wrote:

> Following are the provisions of ACI 318-05 and ACI 318-05M:
>
> ACI 318-05
> 8.5.1 — Modulus of elasticity, Ec , for concrete shall be permitted to
> be taken as wc^ 1.5 x 33 (fc')^.5 (in psi) for values of wc between 90
> and 155 lb/ft^3. For normal weight concrete, Ec shall be permitted to

Truncated 346 characters in the previous message to save energy.