Berkeley balcony collapse leaves 6 students dead

The structural failure tragedy has hit students. I am sure you will join me
as practicing structural engineers in offering our condolences to the
families of who perished in this tragedy and our prayer to those who have
been injured for fast and full recovery. Apparently the building is not
owned by UC Berkeley and is not connected to UC Berkeley in any way.
Berkeley balcony collapse leaves 6 students dead

http://www.berkeleyside.com/2015/06/16/balcony-collapse-leaves-five-irish-students-dead-many-injured/
--

 Abolhassan ASTANEH-ASL, Ph.D., P.E., Professor
2013 Minner Faculty Fellow in Engineering Ethics and Social/Professional